- Healthy Bone – finger millet is rich in calcium which helps in strengthening bones. It is an excellent source of natural calcium for growing children and aging people. Millet consumption helps in development of bones in growing children and in maintenance of bone health in adults.
- Control Diabetes – finger millet helps in controlling blood sugar level in condition of diabetes as it contains higher fiber than rice and wheat.
- Lowering Blood Cholesterol – finger millet contains amino acid which help in bringing son cholesterol level by eliminating excess fat from liver.
- Good for the Heart – as a good source of magnesium, millet helps lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes caused by atherosclerosis, a condition where arteries become narrower due to fatty deposits on their inner walls. Millet also contains substantial amount of potassium, another heart-friendly mineral.
- Relaxes The Body – regular consumption of finger millet is highly beneficial in dealing with conditions of anxiety, depression and insomnia.